Job Title: Individual Sales Assistant
Reports to: Individual Sales Team
Position Purpose: Effectively and efficiently working with the Individual Sales Team in all aspects to help place and retain business with OCI and its partner carriers.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Cleaning/prepping applications submitted to submit to carriers
- Providing support pertaining to all aspects of individual health
- Checking the status of submitted applications
- Updating internal systems to reflect policy changes
- Communicating effectively with internal staff and insurance carriers via phone and email
- Attend training sessions on carrier and industry updates
- Other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or higher
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills.
- General knowledge of individual health insurance
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Proven experience working effectively in a fast paced dynamic and complex environment.
- High level of interpersonal skills, problem/issue management and analytical skills
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation
- Ability to manage competing priorities and work within strict deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to multi-task and establish priorities and responsibilities
- Self-motivated and passion for client service
- Positive, can-do attitude with a service-oriented approach to all customer interactions
- Eagerness to learn and take on more responsibilities
- In a typical day lifting or carrying items up to approximately 10 lbs.
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule when required
- In a typical day spends 80% sitting at desk/computer, managing phone calls and virtual meetings
Resumes can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org