OCI Teams & Services
Group Health / Employee Benefits:
- Supporting Staff: Agents have a dedicated team specialized in group health to make sure business flows smoothly and is a single resource for any questions or concerns agents might have.
- Quoting & Client Proposals: The group health sales team facilitates agent requests for client quotes utilizing the provided client information. OCI’s proprietary quoting technology combined with the knowledge of carriers is then utilized to create a client-facing proposal for health and ancillary benefits, that the agent can use in their presentation to the client.
- Installation & Monitoring: Our group sales team assists agents in installing and monitoring new business with the carriers and works with the agent to gather information required per the carrier’s specifications.
- Administrative Assistance: OCI’s group administrative team assists agents throughout the life of their clients’ policies with items including, but not limited to, enrollment, billing, claims, and compliance items.
- Renewal Support: OCI’s renewal team advocates on behalf of our agent partners and aids in the timely completion of their clients’ renewals for all lines of coverage. This includes the facilitation of the carrier survey process and completion of required documentation.
Individual Health Under 65 and Medicare:
- Administrative Support: OCI’s individual health teams for under 65 & Medicare assist agents with the retention of clients supporting them on carrier product education, providing guidance on quoting and application processes, solving billing issues, and following up on ID cards to name a few.
- Reporting: The teams help agents stay on top of their business providing reports and alerts of clients turning 65, pending expirations, and non-payments to help prevent disruptions of coverage.
- Technology for quoting and management of policies to support our agents in the sale of all Individual Health products for under 65 and over 65.
Life Insurance, Long-Term Care, Annuities and Disability Insurance:
- Supporting Staff: Our service staff assists agents in the quoting process, working with the carriers through underwriting and helping agents through the application steps. Our in-house underwriter is here to help with those high-risk cases.
- Sales Support: OCI has an experienced team to help agents identify cross-selling opportunities and present solutions to clients with confidence.
- Business Planning: OCI has experts to assist you in your advanced cases, whether it is helping business owners prepare a business continuation plan, assisting with estate planning, or premium finance; we are here to help you close more sales. We are the experts, so you don’t have to be.
- Term Life Technology: Our proprietary electronic application system helps make selling term life simple.
- Referral Team: Agents have access to our referral team for Life Insurance, Long-Term Care, Annuities, and Disability. If an agent refers a client to us, OCI will sell the policy and split the commission with the agent.
- Agents get paid the same as if they were working directly with the carrier. OCI has negotiated contracts with each carrier and has its own override/bonus schedule with them.
- OCI’s proprietary software provides agents a place to view and track commissions.
- Statements are itemized by the carrier and product type for easy tracking. Agents can also expect a consistent weekly paycheck for earned commissions via direct deposit on Fridays.
- OCI audits agent commissions for accuracy and passes 100% of all commissions from the carrier to the agent unless designated as a referral split, including all production-based carrier bonuses.
- We simplify the end-of-year tax process by submitting one 1099 to agents for business placed through OCI.
- OCI’s contracting team facilitates agent appointments with carriers to ensure agents are properly set up to sell the carrier’s products, focusing on making the process simple. This includes confirming all prerequisites are met for carrier appointment, completing steps to contract using innovative contracting technology, and staying on top of license renewals to prevent lapses in commission, and more.
- Own the entire insurance relationship! OCI has your back. When you uncover an opportunity to help a client outside of your areas of expertise, you can count on OCI to act as an extension of your business in all product lines. Refer a client to OCI and we will reach out to the client on your behalf and sell and write the best-suited policy for your client and you earn a split of the commission, including on renewals.
- Benefits: Stop turning your clients away to the competition and expand your earning opportunities! This program offers you ways to increase customer loyalty through the addition of services provided while allowing you to focus your time on your areas of expertise and building client relationships.